Wednesday, October 1, 2014

8 Months... What?!

I cannot believe Emerson is 8 months old (As of sept 30). I am sure every mom says it but it is true! Time goes by so fast and I want to remember everything that happens! Here is a list of all the things she is doing (everything I can remember right now).

~Our ever wiggly little girl is rolling and scooting all over the place. No crawling yet but I can see it happening sometime soon, I am thinking very soon. 

~Reaching to grab anything and everything! I swear she is not crawling just because she can reach so far sitting on her bum.

~She has two teeth! We now have to think twice before letting her pull one if our fingers into her mouth, or we will get one nasty surprise. 

~She is finally eating solid foods! Oh boy did I have a hard time trying to get her to eat anything. But I figured it out. As long as she can feed herself she is fine as soon as I put a spoon in her face or heaven forbid any pureed food she will not take it. But she is willing to try things if she can touch, squish and bring them to her own mouth.

~She squeals and babbles all the time now. She says dada, mama, gaga and lala... but she has not addressed us with our respective names of mama and dada, so she is playing with noises and it is pretty fun to hear her babble first thing in the morning just happy to be awake!

~Oh and she growls! I think it is one of the funniest and strangest noises to come from a baby girl, a deep growl in her throat. Where she learned it I don't know, but she is having some fun with her vocal cords.

~Playing "pat a cake" is now way more fun as she pats her hands together, rolls and then promptly throws her hands above her head throwing the cake in the oven! She loves it and thinks that she is pretty funny when she does it.

~Em loves kids! She gets so excited waving her hands and squealing when she sees someone new to play with. she especially is curious about babies smaller than she is. If on the floor she will roll and scoot just to get close enough to touch a baby. Be warned Emerson is on the loose and who knows what she will do. 

~She naps twice a day now, and still wakes up a few times in the night. It is something we are working on, but babies are unpredictable and can sleep erratically so maybe one day she will surprise me. 

~I am still nursing Em, and honestly I don't know when I plan to stop. We have tried some formulas but she wanted nothing to do with them. I guess why take the fake stuff when you can get the real stuff... But I am happy to nurse, it has been a good experience for me and if you are able to I would definitely recommend it.

~Em also gives the best smiles! I swear when I get her out of bed each morning my heart melts as she smiles up at me and gets excited. 

~Lastly Emerson loves and I mean LOVES her daddy. Whenever Jorden comes home from school/work Em gets so excited waving her arms, squealing, and clapping her hands. It's my favourite thing because I get to see the pure love and joy emanating from each of their faces. It just makes me so happy! 















1 comment: