Monday, October 21, 2013

Baby Holst

I guess this is the first official announcement, kind of late but better late then never. We are having a baby! I am due January 29, 2014 and Jorden and I are so excited! Here is the latest picture of my rapidly growing bump.
25 weeks 4 days

So I am feeling really good and it has been a relatively easy pregnancy thus far, which is definitely a blessing. I am feeling the baby move a ton, it is our little wiggle worm. During our 20 week ultrasound the baby could not stay still it was just kicking  and turning and just making the techs job a little harder. Jorden and I both decided that we did not want to find out the sex of the baby. It is a little harder to prep for when the baby arrives but I am very excited for the element of surprise once he/she comes. 

So I thought I might share how I told Jorden that we were expecting. It was back in the end of June, on a Saturday, Jorden was at work and I was home working around the house. I had decided I should take a test and so I did and clearly it came back positive. I wrapped up a shoe box (yes in Christmas paper), put a note in the bottom with the test taped to the bottom. 


I left the box on our bed just so when he came home he would go to get changed and he would see it. So I waited until he got home, which seemed so long. It was probably only 3 hours or so but it was torture for me, I just wanted to tell him and see his reaction. When he finally did get home I played it pretty cool and just followed Jorden into the bedroom, then he saw the box, opened it up, said "Seriously?!?!" and I said "Yes!"

It was probably the only time in our whole marriage where I was able to actually surprise Jorden and it was AWESOME! Any other time I have tried I get to excited and blurt something out or I am just not sneaky enough. But this time it worked and the look on Jorden's face was so worth it. We were and are so excited and cannot wait until our little baby comes! 

1 comment: